July 30, 2012

Best Olympics moment yet

I'm so glad this has gone viral, because I lost my mind with joy when I saw this last night!!!  (I wouldn't watch a video if I didn't know what it was, so here's what it is: Gymnast Alexandra Reisman's parents get super weird while watching her perform.)



Is Kristen Wiig bummed she (A) left SNL and (B) SNL isn't on in the summer?  She'd be a shoe-in!

Can there be a channel that just broadcasts Olympian parents while their children compete?  I'd settle for a split screen, too.

Speaking of Olympic parents, the P&G Olympic mom videos are pretty amazing.

Kerri Walsh-Jenning's mom is the mom I would least like to have to run into year after year at a neighborhood Christmas party.

I didn't watch all these videos (YET!), so I can't say who my favorite, favorite, favorite Olympic mom is, but Shawn Johnson's mom is darling, and if we went to the same neighborhood Christmas party, I bet she'd give really warm, meaningful hugs.

3 comments:

  1. OMG. A few thoughts... I never would have watched this SK one except for this blog and I loved them. what a neat duo. And yes--Kristen Wiig should come back to SNL or do Funny or Die just to be that mom. I didn't see it at the time, but she is Ali's mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think Aly is emarassed, or is she just so used to it by now?

      Delete
  2. I think the parents were super cautious last night about toning down their reax. I think that's typical for gymnastics--just not to the rest of the world and us "normal folks." So, yes, I bet she doesn't even notice.

    ReplyDelete