July 29, 2012

Round up: Cutest Breeds of Puppies

I know this is going to be a majorly controversial post.  But I'm just going to put my opinion out there...  Okay, here are the 5 breeds of puppies that I think are the cutest.  Note: this is not about individual puppies/puppy photos that are the cutest.  This is about general breeds that, on the whole, produce very cute puppies.  My measurement scale was to what extent would I go "OH MY GOD THAT PUPPY IS CUTE AND I WANT TO RUB MY FACE ON ITS FUR" if I saw someone walking around my neighborhood with one.

So, in descending order...

#5 Shiba Inu





#4 Huskie (or, as I like to call them, Direwolf puppies)




TIE for #2 Golden Retriever & Labrador Retriever




And #1 is...............






Beagle





Okay, tell me: How did I do?  What am I missing?  Who doesn't deserve a space on the list?

9 comments:

  1. Wow. Big stuff here.

    I'm surprised by how cute golden retrievers are as puppies. No wonder they are America's top dog.

    I respectfully disagree with you, though, I think #4 and #5 should be flopped with #1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full disclosure: I grew up with a Golden Retriever. But they are mad cute.

    I hear you on 4/5 vs. 1. I think what's distracting about Beagles is that they stay cute FOREVER. And maybe I'm confusing their puppy cute-ness with their always cute-ness and giving them too much power in this ranking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect blog post and I wish more blogs would follow suit.

    I see what the other commenters are saying about husky/shiba puppies being exceptionally cute because of their fluffiness and teddy bear-osity. And they ARE cute. But don't we like shibas and huskies partly because they don't really look like DOGS? Like you say, they look more like wolves or tiny bears. Beagles maintain the proper doggie ratio and for that fact alone should be the winners.

    Full disclosure: I grew up with a beagle.

    I would be happy to see more puppy photos in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie - Excellent point about dogs that don't look like dogs. in fact, I think we could do a full re-ranking of classic cute puppies versus cute puppies that don't even look like dogs. (On the list: Labradoodles... they look just like teddy bears!!!)

      Delete
  4. Um, these are totally adorable, but no puppy love comes close to puppy love for an English bulldog pup. And yes, I'm biased. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAVALIERS and POMERANIANS!

    (Told you I was stalking but it's okay. I have a blog too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I totally read your blog! I had to google image search Cavaliers. They be CUTE.

      Delete
  6. You adopt a antic pupy love or a accommodating one? Will the puppy be accessible to accumulate clean, Puppies are fun and abounding of bags of ambiguous energy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Labrador and huskies. But recently I've seen some crossbred dogs like labradoodle puppies and they seem really like a perfect pet for me. Love their fluffiness and cuteness. You may want to include them on your list :)

    ReplyDelete