February 5, 2013

Cutest Commercial

So I guess if I'm talking about commercials two days after the Super Bowl, I should be talking about Super Bowl ads. But no. I want to talk about the best commercial ever that I saw over the weekend:

(Or, go here to see it better.)

Ummmmm there's nothing I don't love about this commercial. Why is this girl so precious??? Why is her dress so cute? Her hair so cute? Her sad intense little pout? But here's what really kills me: she's this super little girl, and she knows her dad wants to hear that she's okay, so she's trying so hard to make him feel okay... but she's just a kid! AAAAAAAAAAH.

I saw this on TV, rewound it to see it again, and then looked it up online, watched it twice more, and then noticed I was crying. If you ever want to feel happy and emotive and full of love, just get a cup of coffee, and check out the whole library of Subaru commercials. You'll be glad you did.

(You can see 'em all here.)

What's your favorite Subaru commercial?

8 comments:

  1. She totally does look like she could be your future kid! And I think the more you watch it, the better it gets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. quit posting things that make me cry at work

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh crap the dog ones

    oh crap this one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wa_6g9WNgU

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the record, I've always been REALLY into Subaru commercials. They always strike this perfect balance of low-key aspiration and nostalgia.

    My favorite (I'll try to summarize here) takes place at a high school reunion where we see two attractive people catch each other's eye across the room. Cut to a montage of all the memories they had together in their Subaru and they're perfect, classic teen memories. Then the spell is broken, they turn back to their significant others and BOTH couples leave the party in their new Subarus. Old memories + new memories. I had a Subaru in high school so I think this dredged up a lot for me emotionally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I remember you telling me about that one. It makes me feel loving/nostalgic/emotional/grateful... JUST LIKE ALL SUBARU COMMERCIALS.

      Delete
  5. PS That girl is THE BEST ACTOR IN THE WORLD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, she is. That's what blows me away too. Like... how is she getting across so much subtlety!!!

      Delete
  6. I am feeling really nostalgic now because I just had to get rid of my beloved Subaru which I'd had for 7 years.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/wheatland/2049563166/

    BUT I GOT A NEW SUBARU. TIME TO MAKE NEW MEMORIES.

    ReplyDelete