February 9, 2012

3 things you need to own. Like, now.

Guys, lately I've been really into three gadgets that I own, and I'm really not a gadget person, so if I'm obsessed, it really means something.  I want to highly endorse the following products to you, for your own sake:


Clairsonic




Okay, I know I endorsed Argan Oil a while ago, and now I'm talking about Clairsonic, and it's all becoming an urban cliche but... the Clairsonic is good!  I got the full-on regular one, but I don't see any reason why you shouldn't get the Clairsonic Mia, which is smaller and a bit less expensive (and come in a lot of cute colors).  Using it is basically like getting a mini-facial every day, and it's fun, too!  You use it for 60 seconds (20 seconds on forehead, 20 seconds on nose/chin, 10 seconds on each cheek), once a day, and you can use any face wash -- you don't need to buy the special Clairsonic ones.  If you use a Clairsonic, you don't need to/shouldn't use another exfoliant, so it basically pays for itself (in, like, 5 years).  My skin has never been in better shape (which isn't saying a lot, but it's definitely saying something), and I feel very clean!  (Oh, and soft -- so soft!  Like a Labrador's ears soft.)



Immersion Blender




I love soup, but seeing directions in a recipe that say things like: "Turn off heat, let cool, transfer to blender, blend, add back to pot, re-heat" make me not like soup.  But guys, with an immersion blender you don't need to do that!  Just plug it in, submerse it in your pot of soup (or sauce, or whatever you're trying to blend) and turn it on and swirl it around.  Voila!  Pureed goodness!  Do you have any idea how easy it is to whip up a batch of tomato soup, potato leek, butternut squash.... whatever!, with the help of an immersion blender?  (Hint: it's super easy!)  Also, the bottom part of it snaps off and can go right into the dishwasher.  So easy.  So, so easy.  (Disclaimer: I don't own this model -- I can't find the one I have.  I recommend you buy one in the $35 - $75 range, though... cheaper is not going to be durable, and there's no good reason to pay any more.)


Hand-Held Steamer




Like anyone who has ever tried to iron in his/her life, I hate ironing and am really bad at it.  I've literally cried over ironing before.  (To be fair, it was a king sized duvet cover and it was really, really hard.)  Also, my hate for ironing is matched only by my distaste for paying for dry cleaning.  So it puts me in a bit of a tight spot.  Until I got this Jiffy Travel Steamer!  Guys, it's like... a magic tool that removes wrinkles without messing up at all!  I'm sure the non-travel version would be even better, but I live in an apartment and am not about to find storage for something that big.  Especially when I'm so over the moon with my Jiffy Travel Steamer!  It has really opened up a world of possibilities in terms of what clothing I can buy.  Cute silk blouse?  Oh yeah!  Put it on delicate wash in a delicates bag in the washing machine, line dry, and then hand-held steamer that sh**!  Normal cotton Oxford shirt?  No problem!  Work pants?  Try to stop me!  It's the best.  (Tip: it does get a lot of calcification gunk going on, so you will need to buy the cleaner fluids and clean it every few months.  But a small price to pay.)


Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment