February 13, 2012

Happy-almost-Valentine's-Day

Why people always be hating on Valentine's Day so much?  It's not breaking news that it can be a totally crass commercialized holiday that has prix fixe menus, creepy long stem dark red roses, and leave people feeling generally disappointment (Couldn't he get a card?  I mean seriously, just a card?!).

But guys, it's also a fun fake holiday that's all about pink, red, white, hearts, cutesy stuff, love, hugs, kisses, yummy food, chocolates, and treats.  I mean!!!!!!!  So fun!!!  If I weren't mid-cleanse (more on that later (this week, I hope)), I would totally have made some really cute baked goods to bring into work.

Instead, though, I found the tiny bit of crafty that lives deep inside me and made some valentines to send to friends.

This is my favorite one:
:: front ::

:: inside ::

xoxo!


5 comments:

  1. I think this is a *great* argument for the holiday. It's a chance to enjoy pink and purple and girly fun! Personally, I made reservations at Dos Caminos and am looking forward to their "romantic margaritas."

    ReplyDelete
  2. My roommate and I decided to throw a Valentine's Day party this year, for singles AND couples (he has a girlfriend), and we thought only a few people would come--like basically our dorky friends who would like to play board games with us all night--but it turned into a HUGE party... we actually probably have more non-single people than single people coming!!! It is pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun! It's just a day to be sweet to your sweet and love all your friends!

      Delete
  3. I received a love filled Joanna card and was just tickled pink. The flowers and sparkles and pink and red frills made my day. Way to give this holiday some sparkle girl!

    ReplyDelete