January 10, 2013

Non-Toxic Adventures!: Tarte

Did you think I forgot about non-toxic beauty supplies? Well I didn't! I've been trying fewer things, because my initial phase of "OMG must replace everything and try tons of new things!!!" was getting really expensive and wasteful.

But I have good news... I have some new things to report on!

When I started looking for non-toxic cosmetics, I was trying to be really "good" and looking for the purest of the pure. And you know what? It was kind of boring to get things at random specialty stores or websites without engaging interfaces (I mean, snooze fest!) or at Whole Foods (kale and mascara shouldn't be purchased together).

Sometimes a girl just wants to go to Sephora and be girly and play with makeup! (AAAAH! MAKEUP PARTY! PRET-TY COLORS!) And I can do just that now, because I'm officially obsessed with the Tarte line.

:: it looks like fun makeup! ::

Look, it's not perfectly "clean" stuff. Like it's not just made from things you could grow in a garden. But it's pretty natural, and it's fun, cool makeup to play with that comes in nice packaging that just makes you feel like a woman and not like a crazy hippy. Also all the stuff has normal textures, unlike a lot of the other natural stuff I've tried, and consistently works really well and looks loverly on.

My two favorite Tarte items that I use every single day are these guys:






:: tarte natural cheek stain $30 (lasts forever) ::

:: tarte lipsurgence lip tint $24 (so pretty!) ::

Go get them. You will love them. (I also like their primer, and will probably like whatever else I try.)

1 comment:

  1. ah, i love tarte and had a similar experience. it was a wedding gift. i'd purged all my makeup and was using only nontoxic stuff and then i got this and.... the colors were so easy to apply + so vibrant and fun, and then you told me that it was pretty nontoxic-ish. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete