October 20, 2011

J. Crew's Biggest Practical Joke Yet...

Guys,

I love J. Crew.  Sometimes I wish my life was a version of "From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler," only instead of staying overnight in the Metropolitan Museum of Art (which would be seriously cool), I get to stay overnight in a very well-stocked J. Crew (which would be seriously, seriously cool.)  The styling of the J. Crew catalogues have taught me many things...
- I can wear punchy colored nail polish and not look like a tramp (provided my nails are very short)!
- I need, need, need some coral lipstick, stat!
- Rolling up the sleeves of a sweater or any other knit looks very fresh and smart!
- When in doubt, throw a belt over the waist!
- Why buy any old coat when you can buy a super cute lemon yellow coat?!

I could go on, but I won't.

But because I look forward to 10 minutes of escapism and aspirational lifestyle when the catalogue arrives, you'll understood that I felt I was being punked when I saw the November catalogue.  Guys... is J. Crew screwing with us?  Will the December catalogue say "HAHA... got you!!!!"?  Because this stuff is seriously strange.  Examples below (these are from the lookbook part of the website, but you get the gist):

:: You can't deny these are some very strange pants ::

:: When you want to go to work and are going for a 1930s heinous thing ::

:: Again, bizarre pants ::

:: Because everyone wants pants that are super ill-fitting, not cute-fitting.  Also, gloves. ::

:: Oh, perfect!  This is the length I always want my skirts to be! ::

Seriously?!  What is going on?  Where has my beloved J. Crew gone?  Does Jenna Lyons know it's not even close to April Fools?

Sad.

Bye!

3 comments:

  1. "where has my beloved j crew gone." ha

    the last two were ok and not super weird and felt like they were actually assembled by people who were hired to work at j crew.

    OMG you can spend the night at the museum in NYC. they have sleepovers now as a way to raise money/interest. i know that's not the point, but fyi.

    i live around the corner from j crew and it's way cuter in the store than in the catalog, apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to scan some pics from the catalogue, Kerry. They are really, truly something else.

    I WOULD LIKE TO SPEND THE NIGHT IN THE MUSEUM!!!

    ReplyDelete