October 12, 2011

Uniforms: Yum or Dumb?

Did you guys see all the articles about how Steve Jobs had 100 black turtlenecks, all identical by the same designer?  It's exactly the kind of eccentric rich person stuff you hope to discover after someone notable dies!  It's all so strange and calculated, exactly like the evil genius mythology we love!

I never went to a school growing up that had uniforms, and I'm sure I would have bitched endlessly if I did, but now I sort of wish I had a uniform.  I don't work at a particularly fashion-forward office, so I find little reward in picking out something to wear to work besides clothes... that cover me... that are business casual... that don't make me bummed because they comprise such a terribly terrible outfit.

But Steve Jobs got me thinking... what if I had a uniform?  I got really excited and picked it out...

Top & Scarf - Madewell; Jeans - Paige Premium; Ballet Flats - Repetto

And then I realized... guys, it's kind of strangely exactly like a lady version of Steve Jobs'... right?

2 comments:

  1. I went to a school with a uniform and I did bitch endlessly--long skirt that stopped right at my knees (really, not like, 4 inches above) and a square blouse with a rounded collar and a big boxy blazer. That said, my take on uniforms changed when I read that coco chanel only had 10 outfits in her closet at one time. Time is precious, I don't want to waste it thinking about what to wear! I'm serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I wish I were a lady with a well-edited closet. I just went through my clothes last night and put lots in a giveaway pile and still have too much life, none of which seems "quite right." I would pay someone to severely edit my closet if they could promise me I'd always look good.

    ReplyDelete