October 19, 2011

Pumpkins!!!


Usually I will try my darnedest to get out of theme parties, especially if it involves costumes or a mandatory craft.  (Like, can’t we just hang out normal-style?)  But when our buddies Pete and Ali invited us over to carve pumpkins on Sunday, I couldn’t say no.  
1. They are literally the most adorable people in the world.
2. It was last minute, so I had no time to get nervous about it.
3. It was their baby’s due date, so they wanted to keep busy while Ali wasn’t going into labor… how can you say no to that?!
Guys, spoiler alert: carving pumpkins is seriously, seriously fun.  
Travis and I were nervous because two of these friends are artists for a living.  I don’t want to be carving no pumpkin around people who make a living off of visual art!  So I made a rule that we all seriously had to try our hardest so I wouldn’t cop out and make a garbage pumpkin.
Travis and I both got very, very secretive about our pumpkin plans and didn’t want anyone to see what either of us was working on.
When it came time for the big reveal, mine was an epic dedication to our love (1 month married!):
And Travis’s was… well… Travis’s
I’m going to go ahead and classify this as an epic dedication to our love as well, because I really, really, really liked this movie.
All of our masterpieces:
Our darling hosts, with a full baked baby.  (Full of baby and Ali had a chili and cornbread feast with pumpkin spice cupcakes for dessert.  Too cute.)
I hope you all get to experience the unbridled joy that is pumpkin carving with your pals… it’s a spooktacular treat!!!
Bye!

1 comment:

  1. So cute!! This looks like an absolute blast. You are all adorable and so fun! Okay, I could have maybe gotten into this :) And I love how you said "garbage pumpkin"! haha, that is hilarious, and I totally feel your sentiment. Yours came out so great though! I just love all those pretty pumpkins. What a fun time for you guys!

    ReplyDelete