October 5, 2011

Shower Curtains Worth Ooh-ing Over

Hi you guys!

Two serendipitous things happened yesterday:
First, I noticed mid-shower that my shower curtain has some sort of mold on it.  This shouldn’t be surprising, considering that I’ve been using the shower curtain for two years that was left in the condo when we bought it.  Kind of gross, I know, but for a person that’s generally clean, I’m not the best with having an eye for hygienic practices.

Second, that evening my friend Janet hosted book club.  After a couple glasses of white wine, the majority of a wheel of brie and infinity raisin rosemary crisps, I used her bathroom and noticed her really cute shower curtain.

Naturally, these incidents led me to a few thoughts:
1.     If you’re not already on board with Trader Joe’s Raisin Rosemary Crisps, get there!  Crispy, chewy, savory, sweet…. mouth party!
2.     Not only do I need a new shower curtain, I need a cute one! 

My research follows…


The misses:
I started my search for a CSC (cute shower curtain) at Anthropologie, but all of their options sort of looked like an appliqué cloud threw up.  Just like... a lot of fabric was happening... all over... I dunno, you guys...





I thought I’d love Dwell Studio’s options, but they all reminded me of “fashionable” nurse scrubs.  Case in point:

If you're into peacocks pooping bouquets, then you'd probably like this one...

The hits (feminine):
The options below would be great for the gal who’s living on her own or sharing her apartment with her favorite pals.

Janet’s CSC was by Echo, whose didn’t disappoint.  This one is kind of classic stylish, but with a little sass... like what I was expecting from Anthropologie.

If you’re into zany throw-back 1950s aprons, this one is pretty darn cute.

The hits (cross-gender appeal for co-habitators or girls who don’t want to be mad girly in the bathroom):
I like the CSCs below because they’re not uber-girly, but they still have a sense of whimsy and style to them.

This has a lot of style to it, but in a really restrained way, again by Echo.

This is a fun brainiac option... learn while getting clean!


For those of you dreaming of moving to the northwest (and really, who isn't?), I like this woodsy option.  (Guys, seriously... let's all move to the northwest and open coffee houses and pubs!)
(For the record, I showed this to my northwest-born husband, and he said “Ooh, can we get this one?”)


My bathroom is kind of weird… like the people who renovated it wanted to recreate a villa in Florence in a small bathroom on a small budget.  So there’s a lot of pale stone, and the bathtub/shower has a molded arch over it.  This means my search for CSC is limited… it needs to work with the opulent Meatloaf video Italian villa concept and not against it.  I think that the paisley Echo one may work well, since it’s just a lil' bit fancy itself.

I’m close to just ordering it, but I don’t want to pay for shipping.  

(Spoiler alert: I will probably wind up buying a scarf too to qualify for free shipping.  Sigh.)

Bye!
Joanna





3 comments:

  1. Joannabanana, aaah I forgot all about the venetian villa bathroom. what an incredible thing. i think that pacnorthwest selection is going to look wild and weird, but i think it's so important to like your shower curtain. i just bought my "map of the world" curtain for the third time. i love the idea of owning a map of the world curtain, but i don't actually think it's improved my geography iq.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm, i have the tree one but in reverse (brown on white). it's a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, of COURSE you do! Alaska -- the ultimate northwest :)

    ReplyDelete