December 16, 2011

Gift Guide: What to Buy for Me (Part II)

I initially called the "stuff I want" post Part I of many.  You'll never believe this, but I actually wasn't coming up with more stuff I wanted.  But I realized I needed to be a woman of my word and not leave you hanging when I said I would deliver.  So, without further ado, more cool stuff!


I love this rainbow umbrella.  I've always liked them, but have only seen those in those humongo golf-sized versions.  Who is carrying those huge umbrellas, by the way, who is not insane?  "Looks like it's raining!  Let me grab this huge thing that is pointy, cumbersome and literally an entire yard long!  Easy breezy!"  Anyway, here's one in a practical size.  Yay.






Honestly?  There's not much to say.  Super groovy to the maximum amount possible.


I love Caitlin McGauley's fun, preppy watercolors.  Seeing them makes me pretend like my life is much more glamorous and together than it is. I like the idea of hanging one of them with a large off-white mat and a thin, simple dark wood frame alone on a wall painted in a supercool color.  Yay, pretend life!




Since I got married and changed my name, I've become convinced that the quickest way to acclimate to a new name is to get tons of cute monogrammed stuff.  I mean, the logic is sound, right?  





Look, I'm being a good person!  This organization sounds awesome.  I first read about it here.  This group promotes literacy in high-poverty areas by providing new books to children.  As you probably know by now, I'm basically obsessed with reading, and I can't have imagined my childhood without books.  The statistic above is sobering.  Sounds like a great place to make a holiday contribution.

Bye!

1 comment:

  1. FYI- those super snazzy umbrellas- you can get them at WalMart and they are compact and HUGE.

    ReplyDelete