November 13, 2011

Amazing, Amazing Gift I Received


I always grew up in a bedroom with a quilt.  In fact, I don’t think I realized that bedrooms didn’t have to have quilts until I went to college and got a chambray blue Ralph Lauren comforter at TJ Maxx.  (I also had those cloud printed jersey sheets, which were all the rage in the fall of 2000, and I still think my college dorm room was pretty cool.)  I stayed quilt-less in adulthood, but had been hankering for a clean quilt in a crisp classic pattern with a lot of saturated colors.  I didn’t have much luck finding one at my price point, but the yearning remained.

Imagine my delight, then, when Ann, a dear family friend, offered to make me a quilt as a wedding gift.  (Very sweet also because when I was 10, Ann taught me how to quilt, and everyone got placemats and potholders from me that years as holiday gifts.  My mom still has the potholders, and I’m pretty sure they are awesome.  Especially if you like Williamsburg blue and small apple prints on a black background.  Which you do, I’m sure.)  Ann sent me to pick up a few inspiration fabrics, and she did the rest.

Guys, the quilt is in.  It’s insanely beautiful.  I love it.  Basically the sweetest gift ever.

Look at this – it has our names and wedding date!  So cute!

These colors are just too wonderful…

And let’s take a little side trip to my nightstand… 
Sneak Preview!: I’ll be reviewing all these books shortly.  (Also this is basically every hardback book I’ve ever bought.  Don’t get any ideas.  I don’t live in a house made of gold bricks, people!) 

Also, if you are feeling the quilt love, the adorable Emily Henderson has a great quilt roundup post here.

Bye!

5 comments:

  1. OMG what a nice gift!!!!!!!

    I didn't know you can quilt??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. Also, what color are your walls?? I love a good dark grey! Looks great with that lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing gift. Also, i've been reading Mindy's blog and i find her hilarious. How's her book??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry -- "can" "quilt" is maybe an overstatement.

    A&O -- I believe it's Bachelor Blue by Benjamin Moore.

    Nads -- stay tuned!

    Tara (not commented but emailed me this) -- Duvet cover/shams are by Dwell Studio.

    ReplyDelete