November 1, 2011

Advice: Gifts for the Newly Engaged

My friend Lisa wrote me to ask a two part question: (a) would it be weird to give a newly engaged friend a wedding-related gift for her birthday and (b) if not, what inexpensive gift would I suggest?

My answers were (a) not weird at all; it's way fun to be a bride, and (b) I have just the thing!

My all time favorite engagement gift is a ring dish.  I keep mine by my nightstand, but I wouldn't mind having another one to keep by the bathroom sink (hint, hint!).

I treated myself to this one, from Anthropologie, which makes me smile when I look at it.  (The ring goes in the goldfish's mouth -- how cute is that?!)


Also from Anthropologie, and very darling (even though I think raccoons are the worst animal in the world [ed: I was going to link to some freaky raccoon images and stories about raccoon attacks, but I decided not to.  You're welcome.]):

A lovely modern option from West Elm:

All great choices, all under $20!

Bye!

2 comments:

  1. darling!! what a great gift idea for any lady xo, LEH

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually a good idea. I didn't know such things existed.

    ReplyDelete