November 28, 2011

More Time Consuming Art!


My friend Tara sent me this great example of weird time-consuming art, for which I have a deep love.

Okay, check out this picture.


Guess what?  It's made of something weird.  Can you guess what it is by looking a little closer?


Okay, I'll tell you… It’s made of SPRINKLES.  It took 8 months to make.  


How ridiculous/amazing is this???  (Also, if you’re going to spend 8 months making a piece of sprinkle art… I’m curious as to why this person selected a beagle getting washed as the subject.)

:: All photos from artist Joel Brochu ::

Check out the full story here.  

On a completely unrelated note, I saw “J. Edgar” last night.  Highly recommended if you love movies where young people wear lots of weird age makeup and try to make their voices sound old and do old person shakes a lot.

Bye!

2 comments:

  1. I really want to lick this. Probably I could lick it just a couple of times in different locations without messing up the colors, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe just the top right corner?

    ReplyDelete