October 3, 2012

Navajo-Inspired Fall Fashion

It looks like it's finally starting to cool down a bit, so it's time for the obligatory "Yay, fall!" moment. 

Yay, fall!

Since LA autumns are still warm enough to go around without socks, I am excited to start wearing my newest fall shoe purchase:
Thunderbird II
:: Minnetonka Thunderbird II ::
 
Will my husband probably make fun of me for wearing shoes that look like slippers out in public?  Yes, probably.  Do I care?  Not right now, no.  Will I ever care?  If the teasing starts to feel excessive, yeah.  But will I probably ever care?  No, because I'm obsessed with my new moccasins. 


After spending a weekend in Oregon recently, I've started dreaming about having some crazy-lady big Pendleton-y Navajo-y sweater/pancho/cardigan/jacket type thing that has total throw-back style but with a nice modern fit.  I played in the Pendleton store at the Portland airport, and there were some cute things in the Portland Collection, which is basically classic Pendleton style, only with more contemporary, sleek cuts and hipper styles... and also about 75-100% more than Pendleton's normal (and already expensive) prices.  Sad.  But check out how cute the stuff is!
http://portlandcollection.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/knockabout-cardigan_4.jpg
:: Knockabout Cardigan ::

http://portlandcollection.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/37_dolman-overcoat_warm-springs-knit-dress_37.jpg
:: Dolman Overcoat ::

http://portlandcollection.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/31_coos-curry-cardigan_31.jpg
:: Coos Curry Cardigan ::
http://portlandcollection.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/30_ochoco-pack_30.jpg
:: Ochoco Pack ::

Sigh.  Something like those sweaters plus the moccasins would be a great fall Farmers Market look, right?

What are you excited to wear in fall?  Any ideas on where I can get my crazy-lady Navajo sweater for not $400?





2 comments:

  1. OMG LOVE all of those especially the Dolman Overcoat. 30th bday present to myself mayhaps?!

    ReplyDelete