October 2, 2012

Tip Tuesday!: Cleaning with Dryer Sheets

I saw this tip on Pinterest while I was flipping through my phone.  I never actually try the things I see on Pinterest nor am I ever excited to clean, but I was trying to take a Saturday afternoon nap and couldn't because my neighbor was blasting John Meyer, so I decided to try it out.

Basically, you can clean everything with dryer sheets!  Which is awesome because I own this:
http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/pi/mp/17285/6365500807p?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jmosskingsley.com%2Fimages%2F51vw7Ht5KSL.jpg&d=29cdd11de28c5c5a11cac343758ddef638b9c01a
:: Remember this post about Costco? :: 


And I'm mostly through one pack, and I think it's been open for, like, years.  Because how long will it take a household of two to do FIVE HUNDRED loads of laundry?  (A long time.)

So I grabbed five dryer sheets and went to town... wiping my blinds, ceiling fans, floor boards, bathroom sink, bathroom faucet... GUYS.  IT WORKS.  It's like... if a Swiffer and a Magic Eraser had a baby!  (Only the baby didn't inherit all the magic of the Magic Eraser parent, but still a lot of the magic.) 

For more ideas of how to use your dryer sheets, here is the full text from the Pinterest image.  (Warning: it's like... Pinterest-y crazy talk.)
dryer sheet cuts your bathroom cleaning time in half - makes mirrors & bath fixtures sparkle and cuts right through soap scum on bathtub.Use to get sticky dust right off of furniture, blinds and baseboards. Cleans up cooktops and greasy cupboards quickly. Soak paintbrushes in warm water with a dryer sheet and watch the paint come right off. Clean dead, icky bugs from the car. Wipe pet hair off of clothes and furniture. Run over thread before sewing to keep tangles away. Keeps mosquitoes off

It's pretty awesome.  Will you try it?

3 comments:

  1. I will totally try it. This is a great tip. (Oh, wait: I haven't bought dryer sheets in years because I never do laundry now that I have discovered cheap wash-and-fold) but I *would* try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....but one day, when you move into a house in California with a washer/dryer, you will!!

      Delete
  2. As seen in the photos, the ceilings are crumbling, right along with the structure itself. Therefore entering the building is not wise due to the lack of safety, and the surplus of possible danger my site

    ReplyDelete