October 30, 2012

Tip Tuesday: Secret Chipotle Menu Items

You guys.  Did you know there's a secret menu at Chipotle? 

Apparently everyone's known about Chipotle quesadillas for a while, except for me.  But if you are the other one person on earth who doesn't know, they are delicious!  I got a quesadilla with cheese (duh), black beans, fajita vegetables and chicken, with a side of salsa and guacamole, and it was the best thing ever.

But did you also know about these secret Chipotle menu items?
  • Nachos.  Yes, nachos.  They have to put them in the warmer, so they take 10-15 minutes, but you can get nachos.
  • Quesarito.  You take a cheese quesadilla and then make that the tortilla for a burrito.  Probably not something I'm going to order, but amazing, nonetheless.
  • Taco salad.  They will fry a tortilla into a bowl, and then put your salad inside.
  • A single taco.  This isn't that exciting, but you can order just one taco.  That's kinda cool!
  • Also, you can get cilantro as a topping, and you can get free "extra" of anything except for meat and guac (those cost extra). 
 Also, I think last Halloween, Chiptole's promotion was that if you came dressed as a burrito, you got a free burrito.  But this Halloween, it's better! 


Come dressed as anything at all, and your burrito is $2!  What a steal!

6 comments:

  1. The dress as a burrito, get a burrito thing is amazing.

    Also, in other free-food-related news, don't forget that you can get a FREE Dorito Loco taco at Taco Bell today because there was a stolen base during the World Series! 2-6pm local time. I'm totally going.

    In OTHER free-food-related news, today is also "free latte day" at a local cafe because it's the first snowfall of the year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not that good. I mean, it was no better or more exciting than your average taco bell taco. The taco shell just tasted sorta extra salty--didn't really taste like a Dorito. Also, Angel Pagan did not serve it to me.

      https://twitter.com/LyanneMelendez/status/263395931859341313/photo/1

      Delete
  2. ugh this info actually REALLY SUCKS. I had no idea they sometimes fry the tortillas. that means their chips aren't always gluten free!!!!!!!!!!!!

    also, it's impossible for me to comment sometimes because the captcha things are so difficult!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Kendra - I didn't even think about that! To be fair, I think Chipotle takes gluten free pretty seriously. In fact, I got that piece of info from a terrible YouTube video of an employee being interviewed, and he said about that one "I don't know if we're supposed to do it, but I've heard it's been done before." Which makes it all make sense.... I would ask before chip-eating. Although it's hard to accidentally eat chips there, because they don't give them for free :(

      Delete
  3. boorito. gawd i love puns.

    wait. quesarito means they had a quesadilla!!!

    ReplyDelete